Limited time offer ending 29 October 2021: Get 25% off CHIA Challenge by using the discount code Copy code
Prepare for the examination
“Don’t underestimate the breadth of knowledge you need to successfully pass the examination. Study, study, study!” – CHIA Alumni
The CHIA examination tests whether you have the knowledge identified in the Australian Health Informatics Competency Framework to perform as a health informatics professional, comprising of 53 competencies within 6 domains of expertise.
Once you register, you get:
- The CHIA Examination Study Guide – a list of reading resources that address each tested competency
- The CHIA Candidate Instruction Handbook – a comprehensive summary of everything you need to know about taking the examination
CHIA is a professional certification program, it is not a training program.
CHIA Challenge and full Study Guide – a 32 question practice examination to familiarise yourself with the question format
A Practitioner’s Guide – a companion guide (PDF publication) covering the same competency framework as the examination
- If you do not pass the examination in your first attempt, you can take it a second time within the original 90-day period
- The examination is delivered online and you’ll get your results immediately upon completion. Your scores can help identify the areas to focus on before the second attempt
- Before you start, use the demo examination to test your network and internet connection
- Study, study, study!
Sample study plan
Organise your study time over the 90-day period with this CHIA sample study plan.
The examination has been timed at 2 weeks prior to the final date, allowing time for a second attempt if needed.