Limited time offer ending 29 October 2021: Get 25% off CHIA Challenge by using the discount code Copy code
Leadership and governance
CHIA governance model
The CHIA program is supported by committees to maintain governance, content and support participants.
The Examination Committee (EC) is responsible for the overall content, deliverables, defensibility, integrity, quality and credibility of the CHIA examination and its associated product lines.
The EC is composed of reputable experts from a broad spectrum of health informatics organisations and provide accountability and credibility for CHIA across the sector.
The Examination Committee also:
- Decides the CHIA Competencies Framework for the examination
- Participates with the CHIA Partners to establish the standards for the examination
- Resolves issues and contributes to the development of examination materials
- Identifies potential areas for improvement
- Handles candidate appeals and complaints
Dr Jen Bichel-Findlay
Examination Development Advisory Committee
The Examination Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) comprises professionals who work collaboratively to develop specified examination deliverables as requested by the Examination Committee (EC). They support the EC with the building of the CHIA examination bank and its maintenance.
If you are interested in writing questions for the CHIA Examination, apply to become a member of the EDAC here. This is open to everyone and not limited to CHIA Alumni.
There are three ways to participate in the EDAC and earn CHIA CPD points:
- Volunteer to be a standing member of the EDAC for a minimum of 1 year
- Volunteer to review and create content in a specific domain, competency or topic area
- Write new CHIA Examination questions to earn CPD points towards your recertification
Interested in writing questions for the CHIA Examination? Become a member of the Examination Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) now!