Is CHIA right for me?
CHIA is for you if your job involves
- Managing healthcare information (clinicians, health information managers, technical support staff)
- Creating, managing and analysing data in healthcare
- Working with IT in healthcare
- Selling / marketing IT in healthcare
- Implementing process or system changes that involve IT
- Designing health IT products, services or processes
- Working with clinicians on implementing or improving how IT is used in their health service
- Change management in healthcare
- Educating / training anyone who does the above
- Consulting / helping anyone who does the above
Not sure CHIA is for you?
Take the CHIA CHALLENGE – a practice exam created for you to familiarise yourself with the format of the CHIA Exam.
In order to register and sit for CHIA you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A degree+ plus three (3) years of associated experience*
- Five (5) years of associated experience (no degree required).*
+ Degree can be any degree and does not have to be in health informatics.
* Associated experience includes the following functional areas: health informatics, health administration/management, clinical information systems, e-health, health information systems, health information management. Associated experience is generally considered paid work outside of any vocational course requirements, such as internships and study placements. Volunteer experience may be relevant, but will be assessed on an individual basis with supporting evidence to be submitted.
If you are not sure about your eligibility for CHIA, please email us at [email protected]rg.au and include your CV and any additional information that can help in assessing your eligibility.