Is CHIA right for me?
In order to register and sit for CHIA you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A degree plus six (6) continuous months of associated health experience*
- No degree plus three (3) cumulative years of associated health experience*
* Associated health experience includes the following functional areas: healthcare and wellness, health administration/management, education, public health, health information management, health informatics, information and communication technology, information systems, healthcare and wellness research, data analytics, software architecture, cybersecurity, and project and program management.
Not sure CHIA is for you?
Take the CHIA CHALLENGE – a practice examination created for you to familiarise yourself with the format of the CHIA Examination.
If you are not sure about your eligibility for CHIA, please email us at [email protected] and include your LinkedIn profile or CV, and any additional information that can help in assessing your eligibility.
CHIA is for you if your job involves
- Managing healthcare information (clinicians, health information managers, technical support staff)
- Creating, managing and analysing data in healthcare
- Working with IT in healthcare
- Selling / marketing IT in healthcare
- Implementing process or system changes that involve IT
- Designing health IT products, services or processes
- Working with clinicians on implementing or improving how IT is used in their health service
- Change management in healthcare
- Educating / training anyone who does the above
- Consulting / helping anyone who does the above