Expressions of Interest now open
Qualified CHIAs are being asked to invest in the future of the health informatics profession by nominating for a position on the CHIA Examination Committee.
The committee manages and develops the content of the CHIA Examination and is responsible for ensuring and maintaining the quality framework of CHIA.
The Examination Committee has a number of vacant positions.
The successful candidates will need to maintain the currency of their CHIA credential, and bring complementary skills to the committee, adding to the mix of experience by current members.
The committee meets via videoconference throughout the year (usually every 2 months) to progress activities and provide updates on sub-committee projects.
In addition to these meetings, full attendance at a three-day in-person meeting (referred to as CHIA Bootcamp) is required annually, where the strategic direction and activities are reviewed and completed in an intensive mode.
If you are interested, please familiarise yourself with the selection criteria below, before completing the online application outlining your ability to contribute to the Examination Committee.
Key Selection criteria
(D= Desirable, M= Mandatory)
- Expertise across
- Examination Development: working collaboratively with a committee to design, develop and review exam structure, content and provide professional advice about proposed reference materials and related matters.
- Program Deliverables: contribute towards the creation of specific high-level program deliverables
- Quality Assurance: review and quality assure draft examination deliverables in conjunction with the CHIA Partnership Board and working within program timelines and objectives
- Australasia Health Sector: have a broad understanding of the Australasian health sector, including contemporary issues such as reform trends and associated strategies for improving healthcare
- Australasia Education and Training Sector: have a broad understanding of the principles and practices involved in planning, designing and delivering quality and defensible education sector products and services and have a desire to contribute towards developing such program for the benefit of the Australasian health system
- Qualifications: hold a current CHIA credential (M)
- Networks and Spheres of Influence
- Has relevant sector relationships and connections (D)
- Has relevant industry connections (D)
- Can deliver committee objectives and measures (M)
- Commercially astute (D)
- Commitment and Passion
- Can dedicate the time for formal and informal events/meetings, and thinking (M)
- Has a passion for the healthcare industry and informatics (M)
- Attend bimonthly teleconference committee meetings, a three-day annual bootcamp, and regular email correspondence requiring timely decision-making contributions (M)
- Leadership Capabilities
- Resilient (M)
- Flexible (M)
- Strong communicator – written and verbal (M)
- Strategic Thinker (D)
The Expression of Interest closes on Sunday 5 November 2023.
If you have any questions about the committee and its activities, please contact Desiree McNeile McCormick on 03 9326 3311 or [email protected].