How do I apply?
- You will have 90 days from the date you receive your learning materials and instructions to log in and sit your examination. Candidates can sit the examination a second time within the first 90 days if they are unsuccessful at the first sitting.
- The fee includes the examination fee and learning materials including a study guide and examination instruction handbook to assist with your preparation. Once your payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email from us, and when your registration is processed, we will notify you of the outcome.
- Providing you meet the eligibility requirements, the examination registration fee is non-refundable. If you are found ineligible to complete the examination, your registration fee will be refunded in full.
4 steps to applying for CHIA
1. Review Eligibility Criteria
In order to register and sit for CHIA you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A degree plus six (6) continuous months of associated health experience*
- No degree plus three (3) cumulative years of associated health experience*
2. Supporting information
To support your application, you will need to provide details on:
- your university degree (if applicable)
- a list of your job roles to demonstrate your eligible associated health experience
- the URL to your LinkedIn profile page (if you have one)
You will be required to pay the registration fee as part of the registration process:
$495 for AIDH members
$695 for non-members
$755 for CHIA & AIDH membership bundle
If you have everything you need and are ready to register for the examination then click the Apply Now button.
We will endeavour to send you a welcome email and instructions as quickly as possible, please allow up to 3 business days for processing of your application.
What job role information do I need to provide?
The form will ask you to select which eligibility criteria option you meet, a degree plus 6 months of continuous work experience, or no degree and 3 years of cumulative work experience.
In the field asking for the summary of relevant roles you will need to provide the Job tile, employer organisation and duration of that role.
- Medical Fatigue Risk Management Officer, Townsville Hospital, 6 months
- Data Analyst, Monash Health, 4 years 3 months
- Clinical Nurse Consultant – Quality and Standards, Queensland Health, 3 years
What if I can't remember my member login?
If you can’t remember your member login information email us and we can help locate your information for you.
What if I have sat the CHIA Examination before?
If you have registered and successfully enrolled in the CHIA examination before, you do not need to re-register. Please review the below options and choose the one that applies to you:
- If your last examination expiry date was no more than 3 months ago, you qualify for the discounted resit fee, which you can purchase here*
- If you do not qualify for the discounted resit fee and you are a full member of AIDH, you can pay your examination fee here*
- If you do not qualify for the discounted resit fee and you are not a member of AIDH, you can pay your examination fee here*
* Please note once we have received your payment, we will verify your details, reactivate your previous profile, and provide you with the login information for access to the examination.
If you are not sure about which of the above options applies to you, please contact us by email at [email protected] or call us on 03 9326 3311.
What is included in registration for the CHIA Examination?
On registration, candidates will be given access to the CHIA Examination portal which will include the following:
- a PDF copy of the CHIA Student Handbook – anything you could possibly want to know is in that handbook,
- a PDF copy of the CHIA Examination Study Guide – this guide provides a list of resources that address each of the 52 health informatics competencies tested,
- 2 attempts at the CHIA Examination – delivered online,
- access to a Demonstration Examination – unlimited attempts at the same 4 questions to get to know the examination system
Candidates can choose to select additional resources to purchase during the registration process, such as:
- the Practitioner’s Guide to Health Informatics – a separate textbook provided in PDF format to aid in their study,
- the CHIA Challenge, a 32 question practice examination, to aid in their preparation and understanding of how the questions are written
Both of these two resources are optional and more information is available in the registration form, link above.