How do I apply?
- You will have 90 days from the date you receive your learning materials and instructions to log in and sit your exam. Candidates can sit the exam a 2nd time within the first 90 days if they are unsuccessful at the first sitting.
- The fee includes the exam fee and learning materials including a study guide and examination instruction handbook to assist with your preparation. Once your payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email from us, and when your registration is processed, we will notify you of the outcome.
- Providing you meet the eligibility requirements, the exam registration fee is non-refundable. If you are found ineligible to complete the exam, your registration fee will be refunded in full.
4 steps to applying for CHIA
In order to register and sit for CHIA you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A degree+ plus three (3) years of associated experience*
- Five (5) years of associated experience (no degree required).*
To support your application, you will need to submit
- a PDF or readable image (JPEG/PNG) of your university degree (if applicable)
- either a URL link to your Linked-In page or a PDF of your CV to demonstrate your associated experience
You will be required to pay the registration fee as part of the registration process:
$495 for members (of HISA, ACHI or HIMAA)
$695 for non-members
If you have everything you need and are ready to register for the exam then click the Apply Now button.
Have you sat the CHIA Exam before?
- Was your last exam expiry date no more than 3 months ago? If so you qualify for the discounted resit fee, click here to enroll*
- If more than 3 months has passed since you were enrolled in the CHIA exam, and you are a full member of HISA/ACHI/HIMAA, you do not qualify for the above discounted resit fee, click here to enroll at the member rate*
- If more than 3 months has passed since you were enrolled in the CHIA exam, and you are not a member of HISA/ACHI/HIMMA, you do not qualify for the above discounted resit fee, click here to enroll at the normal rate*
* Please note once you have clicked on one of the above payment options, we will verify your details, reactivate your previous profile, and provide you with the login information for access to the exam.
If you are not sure about which of the above options applies to you, please contact us by email at [email protected] or call us on 03 9326 3311.