How do I apply?
- You will have 90 days from the date you receive your learning materials and instructions to log in and sit your exam. Candidates can sit the exam a second time within the first 90 days if they are unsuccessful at the first sitting.
- The fee includes the exam fee and learning materials including a study guide and examination instruction handbook to assist with your preparation. Once your payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email from us, and when your registration is processed, we will notify you of the outcome.
- Providing you meet the eligibility requirements, the exam registration fee is non-refundable. If you are found ineligible to complete the exam, your registration fee will be refunded in full.
4 steps to applying for CHIA
1. Review Eligibility Criteria
In order to register and sit for CHIA you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A degree plus six (6) continuous months of associated health experience*
- No degree plus three (3) cumulative years of associated health experience*
2. Supporting documents
To support your application, you will need to submit
- a PDF or readable image (JPEG/PNG) of your university degree (if applicable)
- either a URL link to your Linked-In page or a PDF of your CV to demonstrate your associated health experience
You will be required to pay the registration fee as part of the registration process:
$495 for AIDH members
$695 for non-members
If you have everything you need and are ready to register for the exam then click the Apply Now button.
Have you sat the CHIA Exam before?
If you have registered and successfully enrolled in the CHIA exam before, you do not need to re-register. Please review the below options and choose the one that applies to you:
- If your last exam expiry date was no more than 3 months ago, you qualify for the discounted resit fee, which you can purchase here*
- If you do not qualify for the discounted resit fee and you are a full member of AIDH, you can pay your examination fee here*
- If you do not qualify for the discounted resit fee and you are not a member of AIDH, you can pay your examination fee here*
* Please note once we have received your payment, we will verify your details, reactivate your previous profile, and provide you with the login information for access to the exam.
If you are not sure about which of the above options applies to you, please contact us by email at [email protected] or call us on 03 9326 3311.